The 110th AGM of Aberdeen Football Club was held this evening at Pittodrie Stadium in the Aberdeen Asset Management Suite. All the board members were present - Chairman Stewart Milne, Vice Chairman George Yule, CEO Duncan Fraser and Directors Craig Brown, Gordon Buchan, Ian Jack and Colin Welsh.

The Chairman revealed this evening that Loirston Loch is still the preferred venue for the new stadium and talks have reopened with Aberdeen City Council about building the stadium on the location near Cove.

He told the 80 or so assembled shareholders "We still see Loirston as the best location for the new stadium and in recent months we have reopened discussions with Aberdeen City Council and about trying to reach an agreement on the purchase of the land which would allow us to go ahead with our plans.

"We have looked at other sites and there are other venues out there but we have invested a lot of money into the Loirston site and we still firmly believe it is the best option."

With Calder Park now not an option for traininStewart Milne g facilities the Chairman revealed on RedTV discussions were at a delicate stage regarding alternative sites but he fully expected training facilities to be in place prior to relocating to a new stadium.

Stewart Milne also addressed the shareholders at the end of the meeting and said "We realise it has been a difficult year. At this stage last season we were going well but we started to get some injuries and lost some momentum in the second half of the season.

"Scottish Football in general did make some progress during the summer after a debate which lasted the best part of two and a half years and League reconstruction was voted through. Ideally it was not what we wanted to see and at the end of the day there were a lot of compromises made but people associated within the game in Scotland felt it was a step in the right direction and what we have to try and do now is keep everyone focussed and move things forward.

"As far as Aberdeen Football Club is concerned we have a new management team in place with Derek and Tony. They are under no illusions about the level of expectations that are out there. We are all confident that they will bring silverware to the club.

"What is very evident since Derek joined the club is that he is starting to take us in a direction that everyone feels is the right direction. We have made progress but Derek would be the first to admit that it is still a 'work in progress'.

"The fact we are moving in the right direction is highlighted by the fact the fans are coming back again and it is important for Aberdeen Football Club that these supporters come back. Those who have been to the away games will see the strength and depth that is out there."

In one of the quickest AGM's for many years, lasting 25 minutes, Aberdeen Manager Derek McInnes also joined the top table for the Question and Answer Session and was asked about the future of Michael Hector.

The Manager said "We have a regular contact with Reading and they are well aware we want to keep him. All being well Michael is keen to stay and Reading are keen so we are hopeful something will happen but his contact is up at the end of the season at Reading so it is likely something needs to be sorted out there first before any loan deal can be agreed. Hopefully the matter will be resolved over the next two or three weeks."

The League Cup semi-final venues were discussed. Duncan Fraser revealed the club had wanted Easter Road used for both games but with the two games taking place within two days there were concerns over the pitch at that time of year. A shareholder asked if a stadium in Dundee should have been used but the CEO said the club requested Tynecastle to be used as it was the next biggest alternative to meet the demands of the Aberdeen support and also the Edinburgh ground met the Dons needs from a footballing point of view.

RedTV | The Chairman spoke to Dave Macdermid after the AGM. To watch the interview please click here